The Perfect Pesto Salmon Recipe with Grilled Tenderstem Broccoli
Juicy, grilled salmon skewers brushed with basil, garlic & baby spinach pesto, this pesto salmon recipe with tenderstem broccoli is divine!
Vegan Spinach Pesto
- 60 g Young spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 25 g pine nuts toasted
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 12 large cavolo nero leaves (or savoy cabbage leaves if unavailable)
- 10 ml olive oil
- 150 g tenderstem broccoli thicker spears halved
- 2 thick salmon fillets skin on
- half a courgette, sliced into ribbons (use a peeler)
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A handful small capers drained and rinsed
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Preheat a griddle pan to medium high.
In a small processor, blitz all the pesto ingredients.
Toss the cavolo nero in oil, arrange on a baking tray & roast in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp. In griddle pan, griddle tenderstem (in batches) for about 3 minutes per side (see tips at start of post) or until tender & cooked. Keep warm.
Griddle the salmon skin side down for about 3-4 minutes, flip & brush with pesto. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Brush with more pesto & keep warm.
In a small frying pan, heat remaining butter until foaming. Keep stirring until it become a deep golden brown colour. When it smells nutty & delicious, add lemon juice, capers & season.
Arrange greens on two plates & drizzle with beurre noisette. Add salmon & a few dollops of pesto. Serve.