Gochujang Jjigae - Spicy Tofu Stew
This Gochujang jjigae is a beautifully spicy tofu stew from Korea. Completely vegan & packed with asparagus, courgette & sweet potato, enjoy!
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 500 ml water or veg stock
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled & chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 280 g firm tofu chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- A little sliced spring onion/crispy shallots/toasted fennel seeds to garnish
In a medium saucepan on medium heat, sweat onion for 3 or 4 mins. Add garlic & sweat for 1 more min. Stir in paste, cook for 30 seconds. Add water & bring to boil. Add potato & simmer.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan on high heat add remaining oil. Stir-fry tofu for 4-5 minutes until golden. Reserve.
When sweet potato is tender (about 10 minutes), add courgette and asparagus to pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir through tofu & garnish before serving.